CYBERSECURITY SALES PITCH
Cybersecurity is the protection of computer systems from the theft of or damage to their hardware, software, or electronic data. With the increase of internet users and internet-connected devices, there is now more of a need than ever for people to be educated on ways to protect themselves and their information.
TASK – The “Persuaders”
As a sales representative for a local cybersecurity company, you have been tasked with creating a plan for a commercial that will show technology users why it is important for them to invest in cybersecurity, and especially your company’s software. You will create this plan using the facts below. It MUST include at least 3 key facts. When you are ready to record your video please follow the directions below.
- Go to the Flipgrid link (located after you read the instructions) to read the cybersecurity facts & record the video. You can watch the samples from past students at the Innovation Station.
- Log in with your Microsoft single sign-on ID. (ie. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tap the green plus sign (+) to record.
- When you’re done, it will prompt you to save your video with a selfie and to give it a title. Use this format:
- Your first name, teacher, hashtag school name
- For example: Augusto. – Mr. Garcia– #Rice
- Your video will only post once it’s approved for content.
- There were nearly 4 billion internet users in 2018, which is over half of the world’s population.
- According to Cisco, the number of internet-connected devices will exceed 50 billion by 2020.
- According to a 2018 online survey by The Harris Poll, nearly 60 million Americans have been affected by identity theft.
- It has been reported that more than 90% of successful hacks and data breaches stem from phishing scams, which are emails crafted to trick recipients into clicking a link, opening a document, or forwarding information to someone.
- It is estimated that there will be $6 trillion in cybersecurity damages by 2021.
Click Here for the FlipGrid link
How do you feel about using your ambition and persuasion to send out important messages that others need to hear?
RIASEC CAREER CONNECTIONS
Click Here to go to the next station